November ePortfolio Blog

November Community Service Hours: 7 hours

Total Fall Community Service Hours: 7 hours

This month, I officially started my volunteering role as a volunteer for Tulane Medical Center. Although it has only been a few weeks, starting this new position has been nothing short of amazing. I learned shortly after starting that starting early January, most of the departments will be consolidating to LCMC's location in East Jefferson General Hospital, but nevertheless there is luckily a large amount of tasks to be done! I have been tasked with various endeavors ranging from helping get things ready for the move, making behavioral health kits for the ER, setting up the hospital's main Christmas tree, and decorating the halls with holiday decorations. A large part of my life has always revolved around community service, so I have thoroughly enjoyed lending my time to an institution that truly aids in the betterment of individuals in the way of improving community health. Even though I am not entirely sure where this longterm volunteering role will take me once the move happens, I have been extremely grateful for the opportunity to learn, grow, and do my part to make a small positive impact on the lives of the people who entrust their lives and well-being to Tulane Medical Center.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September ePortfolio Blog

January ePortfolio Blog